The Fitzrovia Chapel is a beautiful Grade II* listed chapel that was originally part of the former Middlesex Hospital and since 2015 has been a secular charity for arts and the community
The Fitzrovia Chapel sits in the heart of Fitzrovia and has been a secular charity for arts and the community since 2015. Originally built within the former Middlesex Hospital in 1891 by John Loughborough Pearson, its design is based on Italian churches and in particular San Marco in Venice, with its gold mosaic ceiling. The programme of the chapel presents exhibitions that relate to its history as part of the hospital and to the area itself, and recently include Leigh Bowery, who died in the Middlesex in 1994, and Caroline Walker, following her residency in the maternity wing of nearby...
Fitzrovia Chapel,
Fitzroy Place,
2 Pearson Square
London W1T 3BF
+44 (0)20 3409 9895