LGW x ART FUND
London Gallery Weekend’s partnership with Art Fund was established this year with the mutual aim of strengthening the relationships between London’s galleries and the UK’s regional institutions, to develop new and existing connections across the broader UK art community.
This year we launched a fund to enable curators from across the UK’s regional institutional sector to travel to London Gallery Weekend. The fund will enable visits of representatives from institutions who would otherwise not be able to finance the journey. Following an open call to Art Fund members, the 18 institutions selected for 2022 are:
- Aberdeen Archives, Gallery and Museums, Aberdeen Falmouth Art Gallery, Falmouth
- Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA), Glasgow
- Humber Street Gallery, Hull
- Live Borders Museums & Galleries, Galashiels
- Manchester Museum, Manchester
- MIMA, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, Middlesbrough National Galleries of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Nottingham Contemporary, Nottingham
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum, Penzance
- Royal Cornwall Museum, Truro
- Southampton City Art Gallery, Southampton
- The Stirling Smith Art Gallery & Museum, Stirling
- Temple Newsam House, Leeds
- The Hunterian, Glasgow
- The Tetley, Leeds
- York Art Gallery, York
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Bretton, Wakefield
We also established a focus group comprising figureheads from institutions across the UK and representatives from London galleries, creating a forum that will inform long-term partnerships and patterns of mutual support between the museum and commercial gallery sector.
ABOUT ART FUND
Art Fund is the national fundraising charity for art. It provides millions of pounds every year to help museums to acquire and share works of art across the UK, further the professional development of their curators, and inspire more people to visit and enjoy their public programmes. In response to C...